Friday, October 7, 2011

Miyu


This is my friend and roommate Miyu Muto. I didn't choose her just because she's my roommate but because she and I really bond. We spend most nights staying up talking to each other about the most random things and tell one another stories. She’s such a fan girl (as you can tell from the picture). She asks questions about America and how to say certain words in English and I do the same, asking her about Japan. We help each other. We just click.

The reason I chose to write about her is because she and I share many things in common. Her goals are set high and I love that about her. When I met her I asked her what her major was and she said it was English. I then asked her what she wanted to do as a career and she said flight attendant, but that she is too short to be one. We’ve gotten to know each other pretty well. I feel that she is a very brave person. She signed up to live with a complete stranger that’s from a different country that shows their emotions in a very different way than the Japanese do for the sake of learning English. She shows a lot of dedication towards her studies.

We once had a serious conversation about how American’s and Japanese express themselves differently. Americans show a lot of sarcasm in their everyday life, while the Japanese don’t really have any and are very reserved. I think she understands and she’s ready to face the challenges that are to come and I know she will overcome them.


She represents Japan in various ways. She’s shy, reserved, but most of all she is kind and humble. I have found most of these traits in most of the Japanese I have met. Even though she has these traits she is willing to be open to change in order to be able to study abroad and travel around the world.


3 comments:

  1. Miyu is adorable! I love the photos where she is showing off her collection of Kamenashi Kazuya photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third photo as well - wonderful facial expression.

    If she has her hair in a bun would she be tall enough to be a flight attendant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, I don't think so, but I'll ask her.

    ReplyDelete