Friday, September 16, 2011

talk about culture shock


Namba, Osaka, Japan
When I first arrived in Japan I was stumped. I arrived wearing a sweater expecting it to be slightly breezy, but instead walked into an oven. The temperature was too humid. I come from a city where it’s either freezing cold or just the right temperature so the humidity wasn’t the best of my liking.

Hirakata-shi, Osaka, Japan
JR train at Osaka Station
 I expected to see tall buildings and many lights in the major cities such as Osaka and Tokyo. Then I went to Namba and wow. There are sooo many lights, billboards, people, etc. It is a very beautiful sight that I had never experienced before. 


Considering how big the Japan cities are, my home city looked very dull and small. It was a big culture shock for me because I’m not used to seeing so many people in one location.



Park in Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
I did see something I was imagining to see. A lot of green. I went to a park, apparently the parks here are huge, and so it had a lot to see. It was something that I knew I would fall in love with. The scenery was beautiful and the atmosphere felt nice. But I know these odd and fun experiences are just the start of my many adventures here in Japan. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that you are getting around, exploring your new environment and enjoying the culture shock. I look forward to your future observations in your blog.

    Please enable anonymous comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Namba. And where did you see that park? I haven't seen a park here yet... I hope you get used to the culture shock soon.

    (by the way I love the koi at the top of the page)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Meghan

    It's pretty fun there! I went to that park for the picnic with the seminar house, i'm not sure what it's called though, but it takes 40 or so minutes to bike and like an hour to walk :/

    & as for the culture shock, i hope so too!

    [thank you! d: you can feed them!]

    ReplyDelete